6.15.2009

Summertime and OSU

School's Out for Summer!!! Woo-hoo! I finished up my 3rd year of teaching on June 5th and now summer has arrived! I was blessed with a sweet class of kiddos this year and truly will miss them. I pray that next year will be just as amazing! We are losing 2 Kinder teachers on our team to different schools, so we will be a smaller team of 6 people. I will also be a team leader! I am excited for next year and to see what comes!

The day after I finished school I headed to Cameron to help move my little sis to Oklahoma the following day! I am so glad I was there to see Lesley make her move to OSU to start her master's program! The OSU campus is so beautiful! I can see why Les fell in love with it. It was a LONG trip in the car, but worth it! We were reminded of our old family trips that we took, all smelly and tired from the unpacking, as we ate dinner one night! We cleaned (BIG TIME), unpacked Les, made several trips to Wal-Mart, and laughed alot too! There will be several memories I will remember from that trip: walking in and seeing Lesley's stylish kitchen wall paper, Mom's love for Braum's, how dirty the floorboards were as I vacummed, the way Dad hummed and tapped his hand everytime his new favorite song by Kenny Chesney came on, me thinking that Wal-mart already has halloween stuff out...but nope...it was only the OSU Spirit section. WOW! Let me tell you that was alot of orange. Also asking "What is that sound" in the car and coming to find out it was Dad singing...haha! But most importantly how confident Lesley is about this chapter in her life and how, even though we boo-hooed when we left...she continued to look secure! I love that about her! She will do amazing things! GO LESLEY!!!!

1 comments:

Lesley Gleason said...

Reading this made my day. I am so thankful to have ya'll. Whenever I am done I will visit this blog and read it again....I love you. so. much. :)