7.06.2009

4th of July Weekend in Canton

Happy Birthday America and Mom!!!! I celebrated this past 4th of July weekend and my Mom's birthday with her in Canton. Me, my mom, my Nana, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Cathie, Aunt Theresa and my cousin Megan all went. We missed all of our other girls in the family that couldn't make it. :( Canton is a town in east Texas that holds the tradition of first monday trade days. During the first weekend of each month vendors set up shop at the HUGE (and I mean HUGE) outdoor market. I am actually proud of myself for making it through the weekend. We left bright and early on Saturday morning and tried to stop at Collin's Street Bakery in Corsicana, but they were closed due to the holiday. This was my first time to Camton, but I hanged in with all of the other Canton veterans. We shopped till we dropped on Saturday in the 112 degree heat (a vendor had a thermometer and that is what is read...can you believe)? We stayed at the Bunny Hollow B&B so we went back and relaxed with a few cold ones, then celebrated Mom's birthday at a mexican resturant. We headed to "The Mountain" to watch the fireworks, but then left to go finish watching them at Bunny Hollow because it had a better view! They were really great! :) We were all ready for cool showers and to hit the hay once we got home! On Sunday, we had a delicious breakfast of french toast with baked apples and sausage. We then headed out, in much cooler weather this time, shop again. We finally headed home in the afternoon and actually drove through rain, which we haven't seen at home in a long time. It was a fun weekend and I THINK I might be ready to go in a year. :)


2 comments:

Lesley Gleason said...

Looks like you girls had fun! So festive on the 4th! Was that a new shirt Mom had on?

Chris and Lacey said...

yes Les...that is a new shirt mom has on! :)